A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
matkins
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:16 am

I got this one about 2 weeks ago. This photo was taken immediately afterwards, so it was still pretty red/irritated. I wanted Brian's handwriting, of course, but had to go with the version from the lyric "book" that was recreated.
Back to top Go down
LeviLevi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm

TomPytlos wrote:
This one is mine! TGA for life ! Very Happy

That looks amazing!

I've been wanting a Gaslight tattoo for ages now, I want the back of the SOS demo around the bottom of my arm/wrist and i've been wanting the American Slang poster round the top. Only problem is I can't decide how big to have it and not fully decided on how to change it around so it suits better.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:23 pm

If this does post (I'm useless at these things) this was one a friend did for me a few weeks ago for some boxing lessons. This was taken just after I had it done and was impossible to find a god angle on it. The writing is we came to dance around an old school mic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Thunder_Road
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Was thinking of getting one with the Gramaphone and Roses with ""Reinvent The Good Times"" OR "No Surrender, No Retreat" in the scroll

So many lyrics to chose from. I want something meaningful that looks good and is timeless.

Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Completely off-topic but I massively approve of that signature.
Back to top Go down
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Planning on getting my 2nd Gaslight tattoo soon. Wanting to get the middle gull on the Sink or Swim artwork tattoed running down my wrist and forearm.
Back to top Go down
Brookie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Figured I post here first.

I'm Brookie from good ole Dirty Jerzy...

My On to the Tattoo: 
First, it actually doesn't have anything to do with TGA. There is not and never will be connected to them at all. It was around long before the band even existed. It was a pleasant suprise when someone shared with me how my tattoo and they were related. 

BUT The meaning for it came from the same source and inspired us both. Which is really cool  and always me smile

As for me personally though when I look at my arm TGA doesn't even cross my mind. What I think about and how I feel in my heart when remembering what it symbolizes is something very important in my life for many many years.

Now many Gaslight fans have a different reaction when they it because their brain will automatically make a connection to something specific in the band's history.

Here is a picture of my Tattoo (also it is my avatar) 

I will also post a bit later another pic of what the connection to TGA is

Back to top Go down
OldHaunts
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:38 am

There are some really awesome tattoos on here. I'm such a lurker but wanted to share my new piece with you Smile

Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:17 am

Couldn't be more traditional..here it is

Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 pm

OldHaunts wrote:
There are some really awesome tattoos on here. I'm such a lurker but wanted to share my new piece with you Smile

Looks awesome!

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Saw this one online

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:33 am

Hello so I was bored and went through Instagram to see if anyone had posted Gaslight tattoos. Sure enough there were tons of them. I took snapshots of what I saw to share here. I had to stop at a certain point because it's late and also I was getting tired of seeing "Stay Lucky" and "Stay Free" tattoos.
Gallery 1
and
Gallery 2

I'm sure I saw a couple of you guys on there.
Back to top Go down
Halfstepdown
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Got this today.

Back to top Go down
infoghost
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:31 am

Finally got mine!

[URL=http://imageshack.com/i/0a2x7uj/]
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:16 pm

@Halfstepdown
OMFG!!! your tattoo is fantastic, my god I love it, it looks so great!!!

@infoghost
LOVE your tattoo, it's really cool!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:20 am

This is from the guy who does jaded punk hulk. Pretty funny (and obviously togue-in-cheek)

http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/what-your-regrettable-scene-tattoo-says-about-you
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:40 am

only "permanent marker"-tats because i'm to afraid to get a real one. but if i ever will get some ink into my skin i think it would be something as simple as this.

thoughts? Smile 
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Looks like you're a big fan of Grand Theft Auto...at least that's the way I read it at first. Just something to think about before inking.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Jack wrote:
Looks like you're a big fan of Grand Theft Auto...at least that's the way I read it at first. Just something to think about before inking.
well.. affraid Very Happy yeah did not thought about this ^^ thats a good point as i'm one of the last to love GTA Suspect
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Jack wrote:
haha the first one definitely comes across as that, I think that it definitely needs that something extra like the Anchor on the 2nd one
Back to top Go down
Thunder_Road
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:19 pm

i can't decide what lyrics to have i'm thinking either

Sink or swim
No Retreat No Regrets
Boys will be boys...
These Nights are still ours

there's so many!!

Last edited by Thunder_Road on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Sink or Swim is amazing, I would take this one Wink
Back to top Go down
Handwritten
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:12 am

I am so incredibly jealous of you guys with Gaslight tattoos, They all look awesome!

Im currently saving my ass off to get my own Gaslight piece done on my thigh, I want it to have some Handwritten lyrics and some sort of design that would work with the theme of the song but my mind goes blank everytime I try think of something. Any suggestions from you guys would be a huge help Smile
Back to top Go down
maybemabel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 am

inspired by....

Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:05 pm

I really like your tattoo, it looks great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next