A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Coma Girl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:14 pm

wvmark73 wrote:
I am ready to get mine, but I need some help.

I want "Bring it On" on my shoulder/back (think shoulder blade) or the back of my arm, in the same font that was used for the song title above the lyrics in the American Slang insert book. BUT, mine is long gone and I can't find a decent/high res image of it to work off of.

Anyone know where a decent resolution scan/copy of that would be?

Once I get that, just need to run to my tattoo guy and get it done.

What i would do, if i couldn't find a digital copy, is take it to the library or a printers and scan it in yourself - chances are the tattoo par lour will have scanners and things there to do the job... hey must get a lot of requests like that, i'd imagine!

Laura x
Back to top Go down
wvmark73
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:54 pm

That's the problem. I don't have the CD insert and all the ones on the Internets are crappy. If I had the CD insert, I could scan it and work it up the way I want it. And, another CD would have to be ordered since I live in BFE.
Back to top Go down
Coma Girl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Oooh, right! I mustn't have read the post properly - please excuse me. I'm loading with the cold and i'm off my tits on cold medicine!

I think if you even take one of the low quality ones to the tattoo parlour they'll be able to put something together for you. It might be worth asking Smile

Laura x
Back to top Go down
wvmark73
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 pm

I think that is what I am going to do. But, now I am having some other ideas......
Back to top Go down
Coma Girl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 am

If you think about it long enough, you'll have your whole body covered in just Gaslight tattoos, the lyrics are so inspiring - i have one, i'm planning my next one and the one after that just came to me on the drive home today.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Coma Girl wrote:
wvmark73 wrote:
I am ready to get mine, but I need some help.

I want "Bring it On" on my shoulder/back (think shoulder blade) or the back of my arm, in the same font that was used for the song title above the lyrics in the American Slang insert book. BUT, mine is long gone and I can't find a decent/high res image of it to work off of.

Anyone know where a decent resolution scan/copy of that would be?

Once I get that, just need to run to my tattoo guy and get it done.

What i would do, if i couldn't find a digital copy, is take it to the library or a printers and scan it in yourself - chances are the tattoo par lour will have scanners and things there to do the job... hey must get a lot of requests like that, i'd imagine!

Laura x

if you still need it, here you go Wink
Back to top Go down
wvmark73
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 pm

It is done Smile About one hour old. It is at the base of my neck, below my collar.

Back to top Go down
raclements
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:04 pm

HI,

Can I ask a question? Apologies if this has been asked many times before!
The lyric book of Handwritten on the band's website: is it actually in Brian's handwriting?
I'm thinking about a tattoo of 'It travels from heart, to limb, to pen'.
I'm a write, and would like this on the inside of my right forearm - just to remind me!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm

raclements wrote:
HI,

The lyric book of Handwritten on the band's website: is it actually in Brian's handwriting?
I'm a write, and would like this on the inside of my right forearm - just to remind me!

Thanks!

Nah, unfortunately it is not his handwriting, just a recreation.

This is a photo of his actual notebook, this page is the Handwritten lyrics - blurry photo, there is a much higher quality version on this board somewhere. But yeah, the site is not his actual handwriting.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
raclements wrote:
HI,

Thanks!

Nah, unfortunately it is not his handwriting, just a recreation.

This is a photo of his actual notebook, this page is the Handwritten lyrics - blurry photo, there is a much higher quality version on this board somewhere. But yeah, the site is not his actual handwriting.

Also, the lyrics on the site have mistakes in places. So be careful of that. I captured some stills from the making of video in order to see some lyrics before Handwritten came out. Unfortunately, the one image of Handwritten doesn't include that line, but to get a close up idea of his handwriting:

Also, if you have an upcoming chance where you might meet him you could ask him to write it out for you. I don't think he likes the pressure of not screwing it up though. I asked him anyway and he was kind enough to do it. (but bring paper with you)

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
raclements
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks for the replies!

Quote :
Also, if you have an upcoming chance where you might meet him you could ask him to write it out for you. I don't think he likes the pressure of not screwing it up though. I asked him anyway and he was kind enough to do it. (but bring paper with you)

Ah! They're playing over here (I'm in Scotland) in a couple of weeks... but I ain't got a ticket! :-(
Back to top Go down
beckiee1993
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:04 am

Ooo I hope I get to meet him, I'm hoping to get my first ever tattoo (a Gaslight one of course) in the summer and I would love it to be lyrics written by him. Smile
Back to top Go down
TomPytlos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 am

This one is mine! TGA for life ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Here are mine I got about a month ago...nothing fancy

"Come July we'll ride the ferris wheel go round and round and round and if you never let me go I will never Let you down"

"We sing with our heroes thirty-three rounds per minute, we're never going home until the sun says we're finished"
Back to top Go down
saraM87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Thats awesome, first line is one of my favorite's! Iv been thinknig about one for ages.. just need the money and the courage Smile
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:19 pm

saraM87 wrote:
Thats awesome, first line is one of my favorite's! Iv been thinknig about one for ages.. just need the money and the courage Smile

I think the 2 of them together was about 310 so it does take quite a bit out of your pocket. It doesn't hurt as bad as one would think either. After the first couple of minutes you get use to the feeling. The only problem now is I feel like I am addicted to getting them and I am already thinking of what to get next. I am thinking of getting either a portrait on part of my back of either the 59 sound or Handwritten not sure yet. I want a pic that sybolizes the entire album.
Back to top Go down
saraM87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:27 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
saraM87 wrote:

I think the 2 of them together was about 310 so it does take quite a bit out of your pocket. It doesn't hurt as bad as one would think either. After the first couple of minutes you get use to the feeling. The only problem now is I feel like I am addicted to getting them and I am already thinking of what to get next. I am thinking of getting either a portrait on part of my back of either the 59 sound or Handwritten not sure yet. I want a pic that sybolizes the entire album.

I have a really small heart buts thats it.. so although that was fine it was over in about 15mins! im thinking getting Stay Lucky but with something in the background on my forearm... might let the tattooist play with the idea!

310 is not to bad, all worth it as well, they do look wicked! an the addiction begins haha! a portrait is a good idea you could get so many ideas into it as well to cover all the album.. good idea to have a play with!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:00 pm

saraM87 wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
saraM87 wrote:

I have a really small heart buts thats it.. so although that was fine it was over in about 15mins! im thinking getting Stay Lucky but with something in the background on my forearm... might let the tattooist play with the idea!

310 is not to bad, all worth it as well, they do look wicked! an the addiction begins haha! a portrait is a good idea you could get so many ideas into it as well to cover all the album.. good idea to have a play with!

I was thinking of having having a guy sitting on a blue classic car(with 45 on the side of it) looking at the moon while writing in a book with a river and city in the background. I also want a street sign that says Mulholland Drive on it next to the car.

That would have references to 45, Handwritten, Mulholland Drive, Howl, and Mae and I Think it is a good summary of the album. I also made the car Blue in reference to Blue Dahlia. I think it is a pretty sweet idea...just dunno how it would look in drawing form.

Last edited by 33RPMHero on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:06 pm

In still debating the 45 cover art. I love the cracked record and the broken fragmented faces. Thinking right between my shoulder blades.
Back to top Go down
saraM87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:14 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
saraM87 wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
saraM87 wrote:

I was thinking of having having a guy sitting on a blue classic car(with 45 on the side of it) looking at the moon while writing in a book with a river and city in the background. I also want a street sign that says Mulholland Drive on it next to the car.

That would have references to 45, Handwritten, Mulholland Drive, Howl, and Mae and I Think it is a good summary of the album. I also made the car Blue in reference to Blue Dahlia. I think it is a pretty sweet idea...just dunno how it would look in drawing form.

Wow! That could look incredible in the right hands, worth you trying to put down your ideas and giving the tattooist some free reign. Could be an amazing piece!! I love the references as well, I reckon they would all work so well together! Good luck with it Smile
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:27 pm

saraM87 wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
saraM87 wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:
saraM87 wrote:

Wow! That could look incredible in the right hands, worth you trying to put down your ideas and giving the tattooist some free reign. Could be an amazing piece!! I love the references as well, I reckon they would all work so well together! Good luck with it Smile

Thanks for the support. I am going to probably go back to the guy I got my first two at cause I saw some of his art and it was crazy good. That is the exact image I see everytime I listen to handwritten. I expect it to be quite expensive but when I get it I will for sure put it up on for all you to see.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Called my tattoo artist today and I think we're getting together this week or next to discuss my plan for my next tattoo. He is going to draw it up. I am so pumped. The idea I have is the ultimate Gaslight Anthem tat to me. It will mean so much when its done.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 am

Where are you having it placed?
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:10 am

redheadchick wrote:
Where are you having it placed?

My upper back. I can't wait to have it done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next