A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 am

I got Brian to write down "every word handwritten" for me when I saw them in Cambridge. Can't wait to get it tattooed (It'll be a while before I have the money). Might get it on my shoulder since he used my shoulder as a desk to write it.

I hate shoulder blade tattoos on girls though (no offense if anyone has one) so idk if I will.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 950
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 38
Location : Union, NJ

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 am

Gaslight23 wrote:


Got this on my trip to NYC to see TGA, got it tuesday before the webster hall show. My 5th TGA tattoo Smile

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2010-11-21
Age : 25
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:11 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I got Brian to write down "every word handwritten" for me when I saw them in Cambridge. Can't wait to get it tattooed (It'll be a while before I have the money). Might get it on my shoulder since he used my shoulder as a desk to write it.

I hate shoulder blade tattoos on girls though (no offense if anyone has one) so idk if I will.

Sounds good Smile
Back to top Go down
anchorsaway45
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:29 am

so i'm turning 18 in March and i really want to get my first tattoo dedicated to TGA, they've been there for me through just about everything i've dealt with in high school, and I was wondering if anyone had any input as to what I should get? (:
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I got Brian to write down "every word handwritten" for me when I saw them in Cambridge. Can't wait to get it tattooed (It'll be a while before I have the money). Might get it on my shoulder since he used my shoulder as a desk to write it.

I hate shoulder blade tattoos on girls though (no offense if anyone has one) so idk if I will.

Don't do it, 30-year-old Shelby will thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I got Brian to write down "every word handwritten" for me when I saw them in Cambridge. Can't wait to get it tattooed (It'll be a while before I have the money). Might get it on my shoulder since he used my shoulder as a desk to write it.

I hate shoulder blade tattoos on girls though (no offense if anyone has one) so idk if I will.

Don't do it, 30-year-old Shelby will thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@Shrews: scratch Huh?
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2008-08-25
Age : 24
Location : Philadelphia

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

anchorsaway45 wrote:
so i'm turning 18 in March and i really want to get my first tattoo dedicated to TGA, they've been there for me through just about everything i've dealt with in high school, and I was wondering if anyone had any input as to what I should get? (:
Never ask someone else's opinion on a tattoo. Get something that is unique, creative, and actually means something to you. Not just because its with you forever, but because getting a tattoo shouldn't just be a no big deal thing, you should do it to make a statement about something that you really care about.


Shelby your tattoo sounds awesome. How big did he write it? I really like tattoos on the inside of the bicep, and on the ribcage for girls
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I got Brian to write down "every word handwritten" for me when I saw them in Cambridge. Can't wait to get it tattooed (It'll be a while before I have the money). Might get it on my shoulder since he used my shoulder as a desk to write it.

I hate shoulder blade tattoos on girls though (no offense if anyone has one) so idk if I will.

Don't do it, 30-year-old Shelby will thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haha, I'm curious, why do you say that? Just because I was hesitant about it? I actually came up with a much bigger idea that will incorporate it and probably still go on my shoulder so I like the concept better now. I'm absolutely gonna think it out before I do it though of course.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:26 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I got Brian to write down "every word handwritten" for me when I saw them in Cambridge. Can't wait to get it tattooed (It'll be a while before I have the money). Might get it on my shoulder since he used my shoulder as a desk to write it.

I hate shoulder blade tattoos on girls though (no offense if anyone has one) so idk if I will.

Don't do it, 30-year-old Shelby will thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haha, I'm curious, why do you say that? Just because I was hesitant about it? I actually came up with a much bigger idea that will incorporate it and probably still go on my shoulder so I like the concept better now. I'm absolutely gonna think it out before I do it though of course.

I did say that because of your hesitance. In other words, if you're not sure about something that's gonna be forever, hold off until you're sure. That's all I'm sayin' (kinda like marrying the person you're dating at age 21 when you're not too sure if they're the one).
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:42 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I got Brian to write down "every word handwritten" for me when I saw them in Cambridge. Can't wait to get it tattooed (It'll be a while before I have the money). Might get it on my shoulder since he used my shoulder as a desk to write it.

I hate shoulder blade tattoos on girls though (no offense if anyone has one) so idk if I will.

Don't do it, 30-year-old Shelby will thank you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haha, I'm curious, why do you say that? Just because I was hesitant about it? I actually came up with a much bigger idea that will incorporate it and probably still go on my shoulder so I like the concept better now. I'm absolutely gonna think it out before I do it though of course.

I did say that because of your hesitance. In other words, if you're not sure about something that's gonna be forever, hold off until you're sure. That's all I'm sayin' (kinda like marrying the person you're dating at age 21 when you're not too sure if they're the one).

okay! yeah you're totally right. i'm not one to make rash decisions so it'll be well thought out before hand.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 am

Breanne wrote:
anchorsaway45 wrote:
so i'm turning 18 in March and i really want to get my first tattoo dedicated to TGA, they've been there for me through just about everything i've dealt with in high school, and I was wondering if anyone had any input as to what I should get? (:
Never ask someone else's opinion on a tattoo. Get something that is unique, creative, and actually means something to you. Not just because its with you forever, but because getting a tattoo shouldn't just be a no big deal thing, you should do it to make a statement about something that you really care about.


Shelby your tattoo sounds awesome. How big did he write it? I really like tattoos on the inside of the bicep, and on the ribcage for girls

I'd love to get one on my ribcage but OW. Probably will anyway though, haha. It's not that big, um think size 24 font in microsoft word, haha. he wrote it in lowercase cursive. I'm thinking of doing more for it actually than just the words. I really love the whole song and the line "we only write by the moon" stuck with me because I'm a writer and I get 99% of my inspiration at night. So that gave me the idea to have the image of a moon and having the words written in the moonlight/mist (i can't draw so no idea how best to do it) and having the silhouette of a guy writing something like in a notebook. I need to talk with someone who can actually draw to develop the idea.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 34
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 am

Breanne wrote:
anchorsaway45 wrote:
so i'm turning 18 in March and i really want to get my first tattoo dedicated to TGA, they've been there for me through just about everything i've dealt with in high school, and I was wondering if anyone had any input as to what I should get? (:
Get something that is unique, creative, and actually means something to you. Not just because its with you forever, but because getting a tattoo shouldn't just be a no big deal thing, you should do it to make a statement about something that you really care about.
Back to top Go down
Benny989
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Finally got my parents on board with the idea of my getting my first tattoo. None of my family members have any so it wasn't easy Razz

I have several vague ideas - The Record/Wings/Tire logo, something inspired by the Sink or Swim album cover, a ferris wheel/boardwalk type of scene, maybe a river with a red moon incorporated with it...

but right now my favorite and most developed idea is a jukebox or boombox of some kind with a ribbon wrapped around it, with the lyrics "I carried these songs like a comfort wherever I'd go"

I feel like this is a very direct ode to Brian Fallon, but it can also be very vague and generally represents my passion for music

btw...I love all the tats I've seen on here. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
anchorsaway45
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:18 am

Benny989 wrote:
Finally got my parents on board with the idea of my getting my first tattoo. None of my family members have any so it wasn't easy Razz

I have several vague ideas - The Record/Wings/Tire logo, something inspired by the Sink or Swim album cover, a ferris wheel/boardwalk type of scene, maybe a river with a red moon incorporated with it...

but right now my favorite and most developed idea is a jukebox or boombox of some kind with a ribbon wrapped around it, with the lyrics "I carried these songs like a comfort wherever I'd go"

I feel like this is a very direct ode to Brian Fallon, but it can also be very vague and generally represents my passion for music

btw...I love all the tats I've seen on here. Awesome.

I love the jukebox idea. My first tattoo will be gaslight related as well, and I have a similar idea. I'm considering a classic vinyl record player, and in a script having either "I've found that nothing truly matters that you cannot find for free" or "do you believe there's still some
Magic left somewhere inside our souls?" coming
Out of it in replacement of music notes. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Benny989
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:59 pm

@anchorsaway45

I definitely am a fan of that idea. I considered having the lyrics come out instead of notes as well.

I really like the lyrics you are considering, too. Really can't go wrong with Brian Fallon's songwriting though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 148
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:06 am

does anybody have the "45" record cover tattoo? i'm starting to like that one now
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 621
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 am

Benny989 wrote:
Finally got my parents on board with the idea of my getting my first tattoo. None of my family members have any so it wasn't easy Razz

I have several vague ideas - The Record/Wings/Tire logo, something inspired by the Sink or Swim album cover, a ferris wheel/boardwalk type of scene, maybe a river with a red moon incorporated with it...

but right now my favorite and most developed idea is a jukebox or boombox of some kind with a ribbon wrapped around it, with the lyrics "I carried these songs like a comfort wherever I'd go"

I feel like this is a very direct ode to Brian Fallon, but it can also be very vague and generally represents my passion for music

btw...I love all the tats I've seen on here. Awesome.

i have the record with wings and will post it up. i love that logo! good luck with picking your first tattoo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
swannie35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Can someone explain the wings, tire, etc...   Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:35 am

I love all these tatts! I want a gaslight themed one for my next one...I really love the wings with the record and tire. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
juliacote
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 pm

I love seeing all of these amazing tattoos paying tribute to an amazing band! Here's mine that I got about a week ago. I love it!:


Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-07-29
Location : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 pm

juliacote wrote:
I love seeing all of these amazing tattoos paying tribute to an amazing band! Here's mine that I got about a week ago. I love it!:



Honestly, yours is one of my favorites! Looks incredible and is very well done.
Back to top Go down
juliacote
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:18 pm

matkins wrote:
juliacote wrote:
I love seeing all of these amazing tattoos paying tribute to an amazing band! Here's mine that I got about a week ago. I love it!:



Honestly, yours is one of my favorites! Looks incredible and is very well done.

Thank you! It was pretty painful, but totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:50 pm

juliacote wrote:
matkins wrote:
juliacote wrote:
I love seeing all of these amazing tattoos paying tribute to an amazing band! Here's mine that I got about a week ago. I love it!:



Honestly, yours is one of my favorites! Looks incredible and is very well done.

Thank you! It was pretty painful, but totally worth it.

I gotta imagine the upper half on your ribs was a bitch haha but that's pretty great. I gotta say thats one of the better ones I've seen as well. I've seen a handful of similar designs but yours seems the...neatest? as in, looks like it was done by a real pro, not someone who can't draw.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 621
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 am

That is an awesome tattoo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:00 pm

ExitEnglish wrote:
does anybody have the "45" record cover tattoo? i'm starting to like that one now

I don't think it makes a great tattoo (but then again, I'm not a fan of tattoos at all):

http://fuckyeahgaslightanthem.tumblr.com/image/31733050847
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 152
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 30
Location : Philly!

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 pm

juliacote wrote:
I love seeing all of these amazing tattoos paying tribute to an amazing band! Here's mine that I got about a week ago. I love it!:




this was literally the exact tattoo i have been contemplating getting for months now hahaha! looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   

Back to top Go down
 
Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)
Back to top 
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Madeleine McCann Crime Scene Photos
» Beautiful photos from Madagascar
» Crime Scene Report and Photos
» Photos of Canadian Soldiers Wearing U.S. M1 Helmets - 1960
» Problem uploading photos to Servimg on mobile device

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: The TGA Army-
Jump to: