A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:32 am

steph wrote:
i looove dead man's bones. can't wait til hear more! i love "name in stone" and "my body's a zombie for you", i would love to see DMB live!

^ hey i've just strolled thru your site thus far but its pretty interesting! will keep poking around.

aw same here but I think we're not going to hear new stuff anytime soon No
it's not mine but it's the most amazing thing on tumblr!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:36 am

steph wrote:
you guys have heard his music, right?

Dude. I totally had no idea Dead Man's Bones existed.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:38 am

hah oh well..it's a good site, either way.
he's like the quintessential/cliche celebrity crush of the day/month/year/...haha.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
you guys have heard his music, right?

Dude. I totally had no idea Dead Man's Bones existed.

seriously they are awesome. not in an "i love jared leto so 30 seconds to mars must be awesome too" but in a legit "ryan gosling is talented at acting and music' kind of way....e fffff yeah.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:41 am

steph wrote:
hah oh well..it's a good site, either way.
he's like the quintessential/cliche celebrity crush of the day/month/year/...haha.

but he's so niiice and smaaart and he probably has nice taste in music too AND HE'S BLOND.
I'll stop now okay Embarassed
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:45 am

^ ESP. cause he's blonde...usually i prefer darker hair...but i guess there is an exception to every rule...and i think in an earlier post you mentioned you hadn't seen "The Notebook" but it's ffffffffffffffffff ing awesome.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:54 am

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/VJXueOusJmt55uy7jqF60yzUo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321184898&Signature=oUKSHCoPsvAWwFABj%2F8Xb37reyc%3D

i would vote for this stimulus package over...
and over...
and over...
haha
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:57 am

LMAO. I am okay with this thread becoming a ryan gosling appreciation thread.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:01 am

haha. bye bye boys...hello females who appreciate the fine form of ryan gosling...haha...i think we could easily overtake this thread, haha.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:02 am

^sorry i forgot the males who are also open minded enough to appreciate his fine form, hah. continue on...
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 am

I don't think anyone really hates ryan gosling, seriously: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YB9lfm5l5w
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Quote :
what exactly is meant by a big dinker? not sure i wanna know. in all seriousness though, happy bday JIMMY

Drinker, ugh uz poeplez an der gramerz lol!

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Ryan Gosling dresses well, and I'm mirin' his aesthetics, but screw feminism.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:12 pm

I will pretend you didn't write that
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Feminism is for silly women with self-entitlement issues.

It just causes rifts and unnecessary arguments. Why not support equality without putting a label on it?
I love women but not in terms of politics or in terms of their societal contributions (Which is not to say, mind you, that women have nothing to do with those things).
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:24 pm

I don't understand how is putting a label useless, I don't agree with many aspects of feminism but I have learned some men are extremely far from accepting equality or even taking it seriously and that bothers me to no end.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:33 pm

So are some women. Specifically feminists who claim that women should be the sole leaders of the world. Which is just as bad as men saying the same thing about their own gender.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Harbortown wrote:
So are some women. Specifically feminists who claim that women should be the sole leaders of the world. Which is just as bad as men saying the same thing about their own gender.

I never said that though, saying all feminists are silly women with self-entitlement issues means generalizing and missing the whole point of the movement I guess
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:45 pm

plugga wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I never said that though, saying all feminists are silly women with self-entitlement issues means generalizing and missing the whole point of the movement I guess
I think it's true. I'm all for equality but I hate it when you put that label on it.

For example, a few years ago a political party calling themselves Feminist Initiative slowly came into prominence in Sweden, and it turned out that its leaders were all fairly radical with statements like "All men are swine". Their ratings kinda fell after that.

That's why I don't like feminism. It sends out the message that everything is about women when instead I think we should be focusing on humanity as a whole. Humanism, I guess.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:01 pm

I think that's men's idea of feminism, and that is not meant to be offensive I swear.

It's easier to understand feminism if you're a woman because women know how hard it is to get respect sometimes and sure it's easier for me to notice what can be perfectly normal for a man, what you don't get is that the attitude is not hostile (at least my attitude is not hostile)! I'd love to discuss this with all the men that have showed me no respect but the best I could get is them insulting me or laughing at me, and when you say that we have all self-entitlement issues then that makes me think you don't get what I'm saying and you seriously don't believe women have the right to change things! I really don't see how we can talk about all humanity when we don't know about the basic stuff.

Society changed and feminists are not just those women burning bras, there are some good, strong, opinionated women ready to discuss and not just insulting other people.

Sorry about the rant!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Plugga, I agree with you completely! Feminism has changed a lot over the years, and the extemists are all some people seem to remember. For me, it's about achieving equality for women, getting respect, and not being considered "the weaker sex". I hate that term so much!

I wish equality was not still an issue, that in 2011 the world would have evolved enough to treat everyone, regardless of gender, race, nationality, religion, etc. with an equal level of respect, and everyone be given an equal chance at success, but society is just not there yet. I mean, my gosh, women in America still only make 77 cents on the dollar compared to their male coworkers, there has never been a female vice-president or president in America (that DOES NOT mean I want Sarah Palin anywhere near the White House, though!), and the list goes on.

I'm not saying that all men are pigs or women are better or smarter than men, like Harbortown said some feminists tend to think. I believe that there are men who are total egotistical chauvenists who didn't evolve past the 1950s, but there are also women who are just as moronic and out of touch with reality. Stupidy, like intelligence, goes both ways and does not discriminate between genders. People just need to respect one another and not cut anyone else down just because they happen to be female (or male). Whew! Sorry for writing so much, but this is a very important issue and I needed to speak my mind.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm not saying there's not a need for struggle, because obviously equality has not been achieved. I just don't like the term feminism because I think it creates unnecessary rifts.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Yeah, I get what you mean. So many people hear the word feminist and just think of bra burning, man-hating women, which is not true in most cases.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Well, I finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows part two, pretty good, and pretty acurate to the book...Although there was stuff that was modfied that did not need to be.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks going out to Steph and Plugga - Dead Man's Bones are a great band, love the sound of Lose Your Soul, quality stuff!

Just wondering whats everybody reading at the moment? Currently I'm reading My Life by Fidel Castro and I'm attempting to finish all of Dickens' Christmas Books before Christmas haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next