A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ryan Adams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ambrose
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Ryan Adams   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:32 pm

one of the most popular alt-country guys around. anybody into him?
it's kinda weird how this guy writes so many damn good songs and they're pretty close to some stuff you hear on country radio, yet i've never heard a song of his on there.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:20 pm

never heard his music, what are some tracks i should download?
Back to top Go down
ambrose
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:37 pm

To Be Young (Is to Be Sad, Is to Be High) , Come Pick Me Up, Two, Everybody Knows, When the Stars Go Blue, What Sin Replaces Love (the long version), and his covers of Wonderwall and Down In A Hole are all really good.

I don't know if this'll be most people's thing since it's really downbeat most of the time but he's majorly influenced by Dylan and Cash so maybe some people will dig it.
highlight the song names and you'll be able to listen to em/download em.
Back to top Go down
ambrose
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:38 pm

i recently got WAY into this guy. 10 albums he's actually released with about 14 songs on each one (minus an ep). none of the songs are "bad" either. pretty damn special if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:27 am

His name is too similar to Bryan Adams.
Back to top Go down
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com
ambrose
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:24 am

yeah but they're absolutely nothing alike.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:33 am

fair enough - i always mistaked them. cuts like a knife is a killer track tho ... but i digress ...
Back to top Go down
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Been listening to a lot of this guy. Heartbreaker is a solid album
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:31 pm

I have some music of the guy, didn't automatically fall in love but it was obvious to me that he knows how to write and make music. Will probably give him a fair listen later =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 pm

if enjoy some alt-country then his early stuff is amazing.
Back to top Go down
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Ryan Adams is pretty awesome. You should listen to his stuff when he was with Whiskeytown. He is a pretty solid singer, Demolition and Rock and Roll are his best two albums I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:38 am

forgot how amazing this guy is.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:50 am

"i want to go home" and "goodnight rose" are amazing tracks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
jeffrey2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah Adams is the heat, the new album is really good, more straight forward rock n' roll, he is kinda like the Beastie Boys, he can change styles of music, and usually it stays pretty fuckin' awesome. Favorite album is probally "Cold Roses" then Easy Tiger, everyone says his older stuff is better, but I would say it's all really good. Can't wait for the new studio album this year. He will probally put out 5 or something, when he starts sometimes he doesn't stop releasing for awhile!
Back to top Go down
http://jcool_se7en@hotmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:29 pm

soo good

Back to top Go down
shuffle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 am

Heartbreaker's gotta be one of my favourite records of all time, just amazing. Ryan Adams is a very frustrating artist to like though, mainly because he releases a ton of stuff, some shit, some amazing, and he records about ten times as much (my second and fourth favourite solo releases by him are unreleased albums). I'm seeing him live for the first time this summer, which is pretty damn exciting although I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing got cancelled a week in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://birdsneedfeet.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 pm

new song

http://soundcloud.com/ryanadams/lucky-now
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Ryan Adams is quite awesome. I have nearly all of his stuff except for the double album he released a little while back. Whiskeytown's Strangers Almanac is GREATNESS! I love most of RA's solo stuff. I wasn't to fond of 29 and Cardinalogy. Jacksonville City Nights is a solid album that has some of his that just tug me in the right way. I got to see him back in the fall of 2004 along with Jesse Malin. RA played for something like 3 hours. The venue had to shut him down, he just wouldn't stop playing! My wife says we talked to him after the show, but I some kind of mental block has taken up that memory. He was my total "man crush" back then. Check out any song that you can find!
Back to top Go down
Greydiamonddesert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:43 pm

A lot of my friends liked Ryan Adams, but I had a hard time getting into him because of the volume and inconsistency of his work, so I decided I would start at the beginning and work my way up. The only album I listened to more than Faithless Street in 2009 was the 59 Sound. Now my copy of Heartbreaker is in the mail headed my way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:53 pm

I really really like listening to Gold, specially when its beautiful outside.
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:45 am

Faithless Street is pretty awesome. That's one thing about him, tons of songs, and really hit or miss. out of all of his albums and eps. I think if he were to have really focused on it, he could have put out four or five classic albums. I think the guy releases everything he does in some capacity pretty much.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:39 pm

I find his work to be pretty inconsistant for my likeing. The only reason I don't put him in my top 10 or so is because of how different all of his albums are, but that is a credit to him really.

For me is goes

1)Rock & Roll
2)Gold
3)Morrocan Roll EP
4)Oreon
5) III/IV

The rest of his work I could give or take. That said my favourite songs of his don't appear on those albums such as To Be Young, Carolina Rain, Magick, Hallelujah and Nuclear. I find that I can't get into him because albums such as 29 and Demolition have a few good songs at the start but then it just melts into a bunch of nothing songs.

My claim to fame is having a short conversation with him about Danzig on facebook a while ago.

Oh and the punks of the forum should check out his side project "We are F**k You" they did a couple of interesting albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 pm

How can you like Rock & Roll more than Gold....also where is Heartbreaker on that list?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Goon on ya for calling me up on in it.

I love Heartbreaker and on certain days you will find it above III/IV on my list. It's slightly too country for my liking. I still feel To Be Young is one of the greatest songs of the last 30 years, and Come Pick Me Up , Shakedown on 9th Street, and Oh My Sweet Carolina are also right up there, and there are still more great tracks on that record, but as I said before slightly too country for my liking.

I can definitely see why you wouldn't agree with R&R being ahead of Gold, for me it is a personal thing. Since the age of 6 I would listen to Gold on long car journey's. Both my parents and oldest brother are fans of Ryan Adams. I loved it to bits, however it was always their album and I was too young to share my "love" for it"with them. 3 years ago when the rest of the family had kind of stopped listening to Adams I was 10 or 11, and I rediscovered that Gold album and from there I heard Rock&Roll and fell in love with it. It's was similar enough to the music I liked at the time but so much better, and also so much different to the Ryan Adams I had heard before. I don't know about other people, but I always prefer music I discover myself and am not introduced to (with Lucero, really being the only exception I can think of at the moment). So that sums up why I like R&R best, although it is a very even match between the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 am

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/25/140640429/first-listen-ryan-adams-ashes-and-fire?sc=fb&cc=fp

new album on stream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Adams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next