A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Leaks are frequently not great quality. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:46 pm

yup. i thought it sounded kinda shitty in my car too and i also have a pretty nice stereo. glad to hear some people thought the same. planned on buying the cd anyway.

Last edited by Angry Johnny on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah, it's just a shame when an album leaks and it's not CD-quality. It's like the music is there, but it's 75% what it should be. I read about artists understanding that leaks are inevitable, it's the degraded quality that they hate; especially for people hearing this band for the first time. Granted, this leak is decent but it doesn't exactly showcase the sound. Personally, I'm a bit of a quality freak when it comes to audio or video, so maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
bowchick

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 pm

can someone PM me please
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:31 pm

i dont mind the quality being bad because in a way it makes the release of the cd that much more to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Lil_Luck

PostSubject: nowhere to be found   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:46 pm

yeah i absolutely cant find it, so if someone would kindly PM me with it, thatd be amazing
Back to top Go down
Lil_Lucky89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm

sorry, idk why it cut me off above, but yes..PLEASE PM me the link, i plan on buying it anyways, but i ABSOLUTELY CANT WAIT
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:35 am

its really a simple google search
Back to top Go down
PantsDan

PostSubject: Help!!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:14 am

Please PM me the link, I've been a fan forever. Thanks a ton!
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:25 am

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:24 am

Did Brian record his voice twice in WDIWWWY, or is that just another vocalist in the background?
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:32 am

twice. pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:19 am

yup
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:40 am

I would love to hear WDIWWWY with only the deep voice, i think it would sound amazing. 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 am

thats one of my fav songs on the album
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:37 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
I would love to hear WDIWWWY with only the deep voice, i think it would sound amazing.

Wonder what voice he'll do it in when performing live?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:49 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:

I am loving that song, I think it will go down as a song that all the die-hard fans say they love but it will never be included on a best hits album. And for the record, I am calling it WDIW3Y.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 pm

^ so true
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:32 pm

e7c wrote:
I am loving that song, I think it will go down as a song that all the die-hard fans say they love but it will never be included on a best hits album. And for the record, I am calling it WDIW3Y.

I am loving how you're already thinking about a greatest hits album! It gives me warm and fuzzies thinking that my kids will be listening to TGA's Greatest Hits years from now
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

Not sure where to post this exactly, so I'll throw it in here b/c it's getting lots of traffic.

I'll admit, I poked into TGA's my space last night and listened to American Slang, the song, that was posted. I wasn't going to, but I tasted the 'forbidden fruit'.

I had to doublecheck that I had the right site. I had to listen real closely to hear Brian's voice as I've known it. Admittedly, (and usually I"m a pollyanna), I wasn't very excited about the song. I only had one listen. Best way I could describe it was "generic rock"--something you'd hear on VH-1's saturday morning countdown. So now I'm troubled. Will the rest of the cd be a letdown?

Fellow gaslight forumites, can you re-assure me that American Slang, the song, is one of the least faves so far??? After reading everyone's reviews, I was thinking that I would be very pleased with the CD, but after that song, I'm wondering. I'm hoping that the other 10 songs are better, quite candidly.

Please help.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 am

Reinvent good times wrote:
Fellow gaslight forumites, can you re-assure me that American Slang, the song, is one of the least faves so far??? After reading everyone's reviews, I was thinking that I would be very pleased with the CD, but after that song, I'm wondering. I'm hoping that the other 10 songs are better, quite candidly.

Please help.

it's not the best track on there by far

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 am

It's not the best on the album, there rest should fill you with excitement, probably one of the weakest on the album (although still a damn good tune), the albums a bit of a grower as well, many songs on it I wasn't too enthusiastic about but love pretty much every one of them now.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 am

American Slang the song is def. my least favorite on the album if that helps haha.

theres a lot of variety i think and surprisingly to me atleast quite a few very upbeat tracks. some songs if they werent as polished i could def. see them being on SoS.

i basically think this album has bits of sos, senor and t59s all put together.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:35 pm

I dunno, the bridge of American Slang kills me every time. I love it. IMO, they've continued their tradition of heart-wrenching bridges with this album.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Reinvent good times wrote:

Please help.

it's not the best track on there by far

if you check out the thread with the poll about favorite song off of AS, American Slang is the only song without a vote yet!

http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/discussion-about-the-band-f1/poll-favorite-track-from-american-slang-t1896.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next