A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:15 pm

i dont think any of sounds like SOS. i hate to say it, but i think those days are over. i felt like they were already over on T59S. still think SOS is their best album. maybe the orphans track sounds a little like SOS.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 pm

SoS was definately there best album. I'd love another like that someday. I'm still really liking this new one though, maybe it's just the new album excitement but I prefer it to T59S atm. Rosamilia really is on fire! Can't stop listening to We Did it When we Were Young Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Eh...I really don't think Sink Or Swim is their best at all. It's really, really great and would be the best for most bands, but this isn't your average band.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Nothing like SoS.

Loving it though, at the moment I think I preffered T59S on my first listen of that, this has got some real crackers on it though and will definatly grow on me after a few listens, let alone live. Bring It On is probably still my favourite.

At least I won't need to rush memorising the lyrics for the tour. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
Nothing like SoS.

Loving it though, at the moment I think I preffered T59S on my first listen of that, this has got some real crackers on it though and will definatly grow on me after a few listens, let alone live. Bring It On is probably still my favourite.

At least I won't need to rush memorising the lyrics for the tour. Very Happy

I'm so annoyed I won't be able to see them live this summer. All their gigs and festivals take place in June when I'm still at school and there not playing in Ireland. Gutted.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Got a good 2+ months to wait, unfortunatly it will be my last leisure activity before the tough work of having to find a job and find money to pay bills begins, joy.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Angry Johnny wrote:
maybe the orphans track sounds a little like SOS.

that's what I thought as well

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Someone pm please!!!

I'm dying here!

And yes, I'm buying it when it comes out and going a couple of their shows.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Loving the album so far, and is it just me, or does We Did It When We Were Young sound like a song from Brand New?
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Would I please be able to get a PM?
Back to top Go down
Whiskey1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Me too please - dying to here this!!
Back to top Go down
Whiskey1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 pm

does anyone else think the last track sounds like "anytown graffiti"
Back to top Go down
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:48 pm

New album is pretty rad. Boxer is probably my favorite at the moment.
Back to top Go down
drzoom22
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Could I get a PM also! Dying to hear the new songs!
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:55 pm

don't mean to beat the dead drum but i would love to get a PM pretty please
Back to top Go down
red at night
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 pm

would anyone be so kind to send me the pm please?
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Any chance I can get a PM as well, ill definitely be legitimately buying at least one copy of the vinyl
Back to top Go down
mercyandaminute
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm

ugh waiting till june is gonna suck for us non-downloaders... if there even are any others!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

I was going to be a non-downloader until some guy made the point of not even knowing if you'd be alive tomorrow to hear it. That was all I needed.

However, I still love the utopian idea of going to a record store, buying a new album from your favorite band, and hearing it all at once for the first time. But yeah, who does that?
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 pm

not doing it. i said after the show at the welmont i will only listen to bring it on. and of course the single released;american slang. i will not even listen to a stream when it is posted officially.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 pm

It's good to have principles and stick to them. It's even better to listen to TGA's new album 2 months in advance. Razz
It's really good! I'm pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:14 pm

You guys are missing out.

But its your own preference really.

def going to pre order the vinyl soon
Back to top Go down
mercyandaminute
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:17 pm

simo wrote:
I was going to be a non-downloader until some guy made the point of not even knowing if you'd be alive tomorrow to hear it. That was all I needed.

However, I still love the utopian idea of going to a record store, buying a new album from your favorite band, and hearing it all at once for the first time. But yeah, who does that?

hahaha that's a pretty good point
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:18 pm

yeah, whats the point in waiting? it's not like it's a shitty bootleg. it's the mastered version, so it's meant to be heard. im still gonna buy it just like i did with all their other albums. we've waited long enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next