A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:52 pm

e7c wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
simo wrote:
I'd rather have 10 solid tracks than 12-14+ with some I don't like.

it's possible to have a 14+ album where every song is good like London Calling Wink

hmm... good 14+ Albums...

Londong Calling*
...and out come the wolves**

*best album of the 80s
** best album of the 90s

London Calling was originally released in '79
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:25 pm

In studios sometimes they just set out rough outlines what songs they're tracking on certain days. Perhaps on that day Brian was only set to track 10 songs.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:30 pm

maybe it's not fully written
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm

thecosmickid wrote:
e7c wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
simo wrote:
I'd rather have 10 solid tracks than 12-14+ with some I don't like.

it's possible to have a 14+ album where every song is good like London Calling Wink

hmm... good 14+ Albums...

Londong Calling*
...and out come the wolves**

*best album of the 80s
** best album of the 90s

London Calling was originally released in '79

somebody watched the special footage that came with the 30th anniversary of London Calling.

When Joe Strummer was told that "London Calling" had won album of the decade for the 80s he said "I thought it was released in 79"
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 pm

where was this "album of the decade" given?
cause wasn't "london calling" released in the UK prior to being released in the US, and couldn't that then refer to the US release? that's just a technicality, but perhaps thats where the confusion comes in.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 pm

in reference to those hoping for a higher # of songs or acoustic version, i just thought i'd mention that a new album i bought this week came with a second disc of acoustic version of all the songs on that album. i dont know if that's something that would interest anyone else here, but i thought it was kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:58 pm

was it HIM? hah
Back to top Go down
divoz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Punk in Drublic had 17 songs
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:22 pm

How It Goes had 20 songs. haha
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 pm

stephendgaf wrote:
was it HIM? hah

yes
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:51 am

steph wrote:
in reference to those hoping for a higher # of songs or acoustic version, i just thought i'd mention that a new album i bought this week came with a second disc of acoustic version of all the songs on that album. i dont know if that's something that would interest anyone else here, but i thought it was kinda cool.

Rancid did something similar with Let the Dominoes Fall. Only problem is I think the acoustic tracks sounded better than the album tracks.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:09 am

new tweets from gaslight_anthem:

"Brians guitars done...on to alex... With more amps than maybe have ever been recorded at one single time. Hmm... June, people, June 15th..."

"Here's the other room where we keep the cabinets and drums and secrets.... This shot is from the load in day..."

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:21 pm

So I realize it'll probably take a little while in order to put everything together/polish for the album, but four months? Why can't this thing get released in March... =)
Back to top Go down
Mikeyc
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 am

CluckyB wrote:
So I realize it'll probably take a little while in order to put everything together/polish for the album, but four months? Why can't this thing get released in March... =)

They have to print all the Album artwork and make all the cd's, plus distribute. They might need some lead time on that one. Then plug and promote the album once it's done too...
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 pm

the earliest it would be out in physical form is probably late april early may. they could do what thrice did, release digitally, then a month or so later physically. then again thrice did that cause someone hacked into their record company's computer and leaked all of the songs.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:09 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
the earliest it would be out in physical form is probably late april early may. they could do what thrice did, release digitally, then a month or so later physically. then again thrice did that cause someone hacked into their record company's computer and leaked all of the songs.

Not sure about that, I love having the music in physical form (CD)(I believe Gaslight themselves are a great believer in that as well with Vinyl and phyiscial formats).

As such I'd hate to miss out on a months worth of material whilst waiting for the physical copy. I just don't like downloading music for some reason, a phyisical item makes it seem more of a real purchase/means more. In my opinion of course.

There's no point wasting money getting it out ASAP, let anticipation build up and finalise everything, I'm sure they'll want to play the new songs as the album is released rather than wait a whole month or 2 to get to play them now the UK dates are booked.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:55 pm

I definitely see your point about the digital/physical thing. Thrice is one of my favorite bands, so I didnt listen to a single track until the physical release. I probably would with TGA as well.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Some of my favorite albums of all time are only 10 tracks (the first two weezer albums)
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:13 pm

MCStevepants wrote:
Some of my favorite albums of all time are only 10 tracks (the first two weezer albums)

perfect example. its funny you bring that up cause my friend whos a huge weezer fan was talking with me about "how long a album should be." whats even funnier is that friend used to live in buffalo! haha, small world....sorta Razz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:41 am

CluckyB wrote:

they haven't finished recording; then they need to mix it; record some more; mix some more; master it; decide on one of two singles; shoot the corresponding videos; finalise the art work for the album and the singles; release the first single some time in ????; appear on the Late Show etc. plugging the single and the 'forthcoming' (that's the anticipation bit) album ; and before you know it, it's 15 June

PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah, it's a process. Especially for such a high profile release.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:02 pm

so, do you think we should assume that Bring it On will be the first single? Or at least the B-Side?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

they haven't finished recording; then they need to mix it; record some more; mix some more; master it; decide on one of two singles; shoot the corresponding videos; finalise the art work for the album and the singles; release the first single some time in ????; appear on the Late Show etc. plugging the single and the 'forthcoming' (that's the anticipation bit) album ; and before you know it, it's 15 June

I forgot to say that they'll also need to redesign their website to bring it in line with the album art work, and so on and so forth ...

steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:37 am

new tweet from gaslight_anthem:

Lighter slide ...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next