A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ACA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 39
Join date : 2009-12-14
Age : 31
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:25 pm

A live review including photos and setlist of The Gaslight Anthem with Vision at Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, New Jersey, on December 11, 2009.

http://intunemusiconline.com/2009/12/11/the-gaslight-anthem-vision-montclair-1211/

I guess at this point everyone knows they did "Bring it On", which I can only describe as a mix of "The Rising", Elvis, and Senor and the Queen EP.

Amazing show.. was hoping "Trusty Chords" would have made it, but that's just nitpicking a stellar performance. I've seen them since 2007, and I can say it was probably their best show.


Last edited by ACA on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sonicawareness.net
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Was just about to post your review, i'm glad your holding us all off. (that is not sarcasm) Such a good show and a great review!

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Ari from Lifetime in the pit
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
ACA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 39
Join date : 2009-12-14
Age : 31
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Was just about to post your review, i'm glad your holding us all off. (that is not sarcasm) Such a good show and a great review!

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Ari from Lifetime in the pit

It definitely was!

I thought I saw Dan wandering around, too.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicawareness.net
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

aww man...cause i was skeptical to talk to him, and yemin is such a good dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:11 pm

ACA wrote:
I guess at this point everyone knows they did "Bring it On", which I can only describe as a mix of "The Rising", Elvis, and Senor and the Queen EP. After their big speech about songs leaking, I'm not going to post it--I imagine the band will do something about it soon enough and it's nice to actually respect a band once in awhile ha.

the thing is, Brian has said that he doesn't mind fans sharing live recordings; by implication, that includes any new songs they choose to play, even if Brian had previously given his reasons for not doing so; as the message is conflicting, it's hard to know which one to respect

in fact, it's often a revelation to hear how a song changes over time, not just in the way its played, but even as far as the lyrics go (listen to the early live version of Thunder Road, when Maria was still called Angelina)

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
ACA wrote:
I guess at this point everyone knows they did "Bring it On", which I can only describe as a mix of "The Rising", Elvis, and Senor and the Queen EP. After their big speech about songs leaking, I'm not going to post it--I imagine the band will do something about it soon enough and it's nice to actually respect a band once in awhile ha.

the thing is, Brian has said that he doesn't mind fans sharing live recordings; by implication, that includes any new songs they choose to play, even if Brian had previously given his reasons for not doing so; as the message is conflicting, it's hard to know which one to respect

in fact, it's often a revelation to hear how a song changes over time, not just in the way its played, but even as far as the lyrics go (listen to the early live version of Thunder Road, when Maria was still called Angelina)

when thunder road was wings for wheels.
they all had different lyrics.. jungleland, she's the one (used to contain an entire verse that is now a verse in backstreets.)
i love to hear the old ones just as much as the new ones.
its cool to hear how things change.
and the boss is notorious for rewriting songs hundreds of times.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Age : 28
Location : Washington, D.C.

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Thank you ACA


Last edited by rkirkpatrick25 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Lincoln Park, Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Why mention that you have it if you don't have any intention of sharing it?

HEY I HAVE SOMETHING YOU ALL WANT BUT I WONT SHARE IT!!!

would you like a medal?

we all would love to be able to hear it.

Yeah, it's kind of bush league....

If they were so concerned about people hearing a new song they wouldn't have played it in the first place, because they wouldn't even want the people at the show to hear it.

I mean, if you don't want to share that's fine, but don't go parading around telling us we can't listen, like you have some moral high ground over me. It's just a song.
Back to top Go down
ACA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 39
Join date : 2009-12-14
Age : 31
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:17 am

Edited my first post.

I had no intention of "parading". Sorry if it came off that way.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicawareness.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   

Back to top Go down
 
Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Could Madeleine's Review by SY be pulled??
» Madeleine McCann Crime Scene Photos
» tanteidan convention book 17 (review)
» Beautiful photos from Madagascar
» Crime Scene Report and Photos

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: