A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rodrigo y Gabriela - outstanding guitar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Rodrigo y Gabriela - outstanding guitar   Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 am

Anyone ever listened to Rodrigo y Gabriela? They're an awesome guitar duo originally from Mexico, but grew in Dublin. They're style is very flamenco-esque, but it's something else as well. They're background is in Mexican acid metal, and they basically just turned acoustic. Check 'em out in case you haven't already:
Diablo Rojo
Stairway to Heaven (great cover, makes the original fresh again)

They just came out with their new album, 11:11, which is awesome. Coming to Dallas in October, so I'm excited Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela - outstanding guitar   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:46 am

Dear God, they put on an amazing show. I just got back from their concert her in Dallas, and it was incredible. The energy was unbelievable and I'm amazed at how much bass they coaxed out of those acoustic guitars. It really was a metal concert w/o electric guitars. We were headbanging and jumping like crazy people.
I really hope some of you people give their stuff a listen. If nothing else, go see them the next time their in your town; you WILL NOT regret it. It's nearly universal music. People who love Spanish guitar or any kind of technical guitar work, people who love percussion, and lovers of metal and hard rock all unite there. It was one of the most eclectic crowds I've seen, but we all loved the music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela - outstanding guitar   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:02 pm

They are amazing but it's not the kinda stuff I can see myself listening to very often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela - outstanding guitar   

Back to top Go down

Rodrigo y Gabriela - outstanding guitar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1