A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pennywise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Pennywise   Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Oh sure, the lead singer has to leave the band after 19 years to get a post.

If you didn't know already, Jim Lindberg decided to leave Pennywise last week. Kinda sounds like thats about it for Pennywise these days. Jim was the vocalist and major lyricist so this is obviously a crushing blow.
As far as i'm concerned Pennywise is no more which is tough to take in. They hadn't put out a solid record in a couple years, but if you got the chance to see them live they hadn't lost a beat. Tis a sad day and i wish all the members the best in what they decide to do down the road.

For more info: http://www.pennywisdom.com/
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:47 pm

i remember being introduced to pennywise by some buddies in high school. i don't think that they aged w/me as well as other punk bands (bad religion, good riddance, millencolin, etc.), but songs like "alien" and "society" were/are pretty freaking awesome.

that being said, i would be really bummed if this had happened in 1999, not so much in 2009. haven't paid much attention since the "land of the free" album, which i remember being pretty decent at the time.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:48 pm

yeah, i heard about this. sad, even though i haven't listened to them much in a few years. however, they're half the reason i got into punk (Bad Religion being the other half), and i decided i wanted to learn how to play guitar after hearing "Waiting". 6 years later, still playing. one of the best decisions i ever made

they're saying they're gonna look for a new vocalist though, so we'll see how that works out. should be interesting
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 am

woah! crazy news! Very sad, their newest album was pretty good and I followed their progress pretty closely - this sucks! pennywise will be nothing without jim - anyone know what happened?
Back to top Go down
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:02 am

http://www.punknews.org/article/34892
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:17 am

Im a bit in diffeernt really. Like most they where one of the first punk bands I listened to but never really rated anything they did after Straight ahead. They got very very samey and perhaps this change will be what they need to start pushing things a bit more.
Back to top Go down
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 pm

i'm not sure i can think of any bands in recent history who have done well after changing/replacing their lead singer. anybody else?
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Doesn't look good if they're using the guy from Ignite. He's filling in for their slot on the smokeout festival date. Probably wouldn't be permanent though (not to sure). I like i think 2 songs by them but i just see it being a let down. On the plus, that festival might be interesting to see what Sublime has to offer these days.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:15 am

clashrock11 wrote:
i'm not sure i can think of any bands in recent history who have done well after changing/replacing their lead singer. anybody else?

There's AC/DC and Alice in Chains.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Alice in Chains? They haven't been back near long enough. Is it two singles they have out now?
They'll be like INXS, big deal when they come out and fizzle into the background. Alice in Chains won't be near as good as they were unfortunately.
I'm not an AC/DC fan but i'll give it to you that they definitely did well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pennywise   

Back to top Go down

Pennywise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: