A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Just wondering. Great song.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 pm

i'm pretty sure it's Hollie, Brian's wife. she sings on some track on '59, and there were female vocals on "Five Year Plan" by CRT back in 2004, which i'm guessing were hers too
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Yeah. I would have guessed at Hollie too, although I don't have a physical copy of SaTQ so I dunno for sure if it is her. And as JR says, she's credited with backing vocals on T59s too.

She's got a ncie voice whoever it is.
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:38 pm

jet mullen is credited on the cd
http://www.myspace.com/emilysparksmusic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:55 am

This is interesting. I've heard/read somewhere Hollie has done some backing vocals, but if the Sparks lady is credited I'll run with her.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah, it's definitely not Hollie. When Senor and the Queen was coming out, they previewed the record on some radio station in Chicago, you could tune in on the internet. They also did a little interview. On this interview one of the guys gave a shoutout to the girl that was on the recording, they gave her name and the name of her band. I do remember checking out the band's myspace and they sounded pretty good.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:33 pm

I was going to ask the exact same question.

Amazing song.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:01 am

I wonder this almost everytime I listen to it.. yet never thought to ask. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com

Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1