A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Neutral Milk Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Neutral Milk Hotel   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Aeroplane Over The Sea is one of the greatest records of the 90's. I was going on this festival called ATP in the UK couple years back which was curated by Jeff Mangum, but it got rescheluded and sadly I had no time for it anymore. But the good thing was I found this great band because of that. One time we were on a cabin trip and I played AOTS in the morning. Most of them were just like "WTF Sami!?" and one of them said "If you'd make music it would sound like this". I took that as a compliment Cool
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Neutral Milk Hotel   Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 am

Yr in for a treat. One of the best records ever made. Stoked to see em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Neutral Milk Hotel   Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Alright after some delay the verdict is in and I LOVE this record. I'm not sure what it is but this album just feels 'different' and 'special.' Lyrically, it's absolutely beautiful and intriguing but it also feels so raw and simple. It took a few listens to fully appreciate but what great work doesn't? The best random buy!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sami
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Neutral Milk Hotel   Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Sami wrote:
Aeroplane Over The Sea is one of the greatest records of the 90's. I was going on this festival called ATP in the UK couple years back which was curated by Jeff Mangum, but it got rescheluded and sadly I had no time for it anymore. But the good thing was I found this great band because of that. One time we were on a cabin trip and I played AOTS in the morning. Most of them were just like "WTF Sami!?" and one of them said "If you'd make music it would sound like this". I took that as a compliment Cool
Ill quote myself here, because now this years cabin trip I did the same thing on a Sunday morning (after couple days of hard drinking). Comment were again "Sami...I didnt have have a hangover before you put this music. Now I do. WTF is this Please put it off". People are strange Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neutral Milk Hotel   

Back to top Go down

Neutral Milk Hotel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2