A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Killers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:25 pm

khchausk8er wrote:
I think bid on every auction is the way to go, eventually you'll win.

I agree, but only if you can actually afford to cough up the cash if you win!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:35 pm

If anyone's interested the Killers have a live DVD coming out in November. If you've not seen them live I'd recommend you check it out- they are a fantastic live band.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:05 pm

Interesting. Any word on the set list of the DVD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:49 am

simo wrote:
Interesting. Any word on the set list of the DVD?

'Human'
'This Is Your Life'
'Somebody Told Me'
'For Reasons Unknown'
'The World We Live In'
'Joy Ride'
'I Can't Stay'
'Bling (Confessions Of A King)'
'Shadowplay'
'Smile Like You Mean It'
'Losing Touch'
'Spaceman'
'A Dustland Fairytale'
'Sam's Town (Acoustic)'
'Read My Mind'
'Mr. Brightside'
'All These Things That I've Done'
'Sweet Talk'
'This River Is Wild'
'Bones'
'Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine'
'When You Were Young'

Got mine today. General UK release on Monday.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
Got mine today. General UK release on Monday.

I picked one up last Monday but only finished it today. It had me smiling throughout (Killer fan's will understand).

I think it's a great DVD package, and I hadn't realised it came with a CD too, and DVD extras, like Hyde Park etc.

The Albert Hall is a slightly strange setting for a rock concert, and it took some getting used to (although I had seen Springsteen there on the acoustin Debvils and Dust tour, but that was different). But by the end I thought the setting worked really well and the camera work showed the Hall off to its best.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:58 pm

I can't wait to see it!
I posted about this in the vinyl thread, but a friend of mine got me a picture disc record edition of Sam's Town! So fun to just watch it spin Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
sarahjay
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Is this only on Blu-ray??? I tried to search for it on amazon.ca and all I found was th Blu-ray version, which it says comes out on the 23rd.

Edit: Never mind, found it on DVD. For some reason it showed up when I searched on Google but not through Amazon's own search engine...odd.
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm

I think the interesting thing about this thread is the amount of people that aren't US Citizens. I think their is a clear correlation between Killers Fans and Non-US Citizens.. They're obviously bigger over seas, similar to Kings Of Leon. I love both of the bands..

I've seen the Killers 12 times. Went to Lollapalooza (Saw gaslight and kol friday, skipped saturday, saw Killers Sunday).. I've also seen them play to a TV Recording show on a FUSE with no more then 80 people in the room. Not to mention seeing a Fan Club only show, where I got a sneak peak at brand new songs from Day and Age, no more then 600 people in that building... So I think it just kind of proves I'm a huge fan of theirs...

People are obviously allowed to not like them, i can't tell a hater NOT to hate. But I just ask those that do hate to just respect. Respect for what they are; A true hard,working LIVE act (so rare these days) that tours relentlessly and tries to put out fun, positive music. They are good for music. They may not technically be rock, but I wouldn't exactly put them into the Fallout Boy- US MTV label.. they aren't true pop because they just aren't that popular in the United States. Unfortunate, cause I think if more people saw them live (and sure, every band has some bad shows, even the Boss has had some missteps), they would become instant fans. That's what happened to me.

With that said, I'm from New Jersey. My hero is Bruce Springsteen, and my favorite band, without question, is The Gaslight Anthem. They are the best kept secret in music. A title which I'm not sure will necessarily hold up for too much longer.... Can't wait, just 2 more weeks and I'll be seeing them in Montclair!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:04 pm

The Killers have been called "the best British band to ever come out of Vegas".
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:07 am

I've only seen them live once, at Reading 2008, I was highly dissapointed in them, maybe expectations were too high. Have seen Green Day twice and both times were soo much better than Killers.

Rage and many others that weekend were much better live.

I am a fan but Day and Age put me off them big time, never got back into the hype after listening to that album unfortunatly, which is a shame because I love the first 2 (2nd especially) but I can't shrug the third album off.
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:33 pm

I'm not a big fan of Day and Age either. But a not-so-great album isn't anything unusual to happen to any band. I think Hot Fuss was successful because it was so strong in terms of it being a straight- Dance-Synth-PopRock album... Sam's Town was successful because it was vintage Americana Rock, but still possessed a Killers identity.

Thus, each of those albums were successful and easy to listen to because they had an identity. Day and Age is almost a mix between the two, and therefore is almost faceless. Nothing really grabs you. But I think it was a way of them just growing, I'd expect a more edgier sound next album (atleast thats what Brandon Flowers said).

As for them live, I think if you asked 100 people, 95 of them would say that they were great live. You'd be in the vast majority of fans that didn't think they brought it. But, most likely, you just caught them on a bad night...

They one critique I'd give them is that they lack fan interaction. But Flowers is starting to feel more comfortable on stage, and it's beginning to translate... What's great about them live is the energy from the first song to the last. It's face paced and gets everyone involved...

The other thing is, you can't judge a band by a festival appearance. The Killers may sound arena rock, but they really are most succesful in a <15,000 venue.

My opinion/reccomendation would be to give them another shot. Maybe they just don't do it for you. But I think if you saw them in an environment where it's JUST Killers fans, the energy would captivate you. It really is a unique experience.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm

RE Day & Age - I didn't care much for it at first. It was a solid album but nothing really stood out. That changed after seeing them live, but that's likely b/c I know link songs on that album with a great memory. Plus, Human is amazingly catchy.

RE Live show - I was in a big venue, way back in the cheap seats, and still had a blast. Sorry you didn't, but I guess that's how it is sometimes Sad
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:18 am

Day & Age is a good, fun record, but nothing more. I've really grown tired of their first two, simply because I played them obsessively for years. This was before I discovered the magic of listening to more than one band.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:46 am

For the vinyl collectors, it looks like Hot Topic has a 12" Hot Fuss boxset with a t-shirt for $35. It's a heluva lot cheaper than paying the ebay prices for that sucker.

Here's the link:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/WhatsNew/Music/The-Killers-Collectible-Vinyl-And-TShirt-Set-982833.jsp
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:13 am

Wow, I might actually have a reason to go to Hot Topic!
Back to top Go down
sarahjay
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:39 pm

So, I purchased the Live from the Royal Albert Hall DVD + CD today for a grand total of $10 at Sunrise Records. Not sure if it was a Boxing Day sale or if they just happened to be selling it for really cheap? Anyway, holy crap what a deal!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:13 pm

sarahjay wrote:
So, I purchased the Live from the Royal Albert Hall DVD + CD today for a grand total of $10 at Sunrise Records. Not sure if it was a Boxing Day sale or if they just happened to be selling it for really cheap? Anyway, holy crap what a deal!

so, do you like it?

have you watched the extras yet (I think the fan documentary is great)

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 am

Last edited by Bea on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 pm

These guys have been so overplayed on the radio that i cant stand em anymore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 am

WTF!! The Killers SUCK. Delete this thread ASAP. LOL
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 am

REDD84 wrote:
WTF!! The Killers SUCK. Delete this thread ASAP. LOL
seriously? if i had to name one of the many great things of this forum, it will be the fact that even if we all have different taste in music, there's respect and no one cares if you like or dislike a band.
if you don't like The Killers, don't listen to them. instead of wasting your time writing in here, go find a thread about bands you like and post your comments there Wink
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Dustland Fairytale could so be a Fallon penned song
Back to top Go down
HelloMyNameIsDrBloodborne
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhhIq_wC9Ic

One of the more awesome things I've heard in a while.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:54 am

Harry Lime wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhhIq_wC9Ic

One of the more awesome things I've heard in a while.

Not feeling it myself to be honest, and this is my personal fave U2 song from my fave U2 album lol

Will this serve as The Killers' Christmas single this year then or will we get an original song? The previous 5 have been top quality stuff.

Haven't listened to The Killers in an age, have all their albums, always been a fan but I'd listen to them when I'm in a 'different space' for when I'm listening to say Gaslight or Springsteen

[Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzsEXmX2C8w&feature=related This is great, but Damien Rice has done fuck all since Lisa Hannigan left him]
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:35 am

kcdc wrote:
I just got my sister to listen to some Gaslight and she says Brian's voice sounds Brandon Flowers voice...what the hell? I can't hear it.

I wrote a post in my blog talking a bit about this. I wrote it in January so obviously some circumstances have changed now. Just my own opinion about the comparisons. No intent to offend any Killers fans because I do actually like them myself, even if it isnt clear...

http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-wore-my-heart-on-my-jeans.html
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   

Back to top Go down

The Killers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next