A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Killers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 am

I mean, Battle Born was Brandon-heavy anyway. The thing is, the Killers are one of my favorite bands of all-time. I think people underestimate them for a lot of reasons but they're a fantastic band. That being said, what I want most from them is Brandon writing songs, singing them in his ever-improving beautiful voice, and performing them with the confidence and joy that he has been for quite some time now. Seeing them live was one of the greatest gifts I've ever received (the ticket was given to me for free).
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 pm

They are also one of my favorite bands Very Happy I saw them here in Luxembourg and I was able to hug him Very Happy my god that was one of the best moments in my life.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Here you can listen to their new song "Just An Other Girl" and for those who aren't able to listen to it ( I think it just works in the United States) he's an other link
Back to top Go down
Barresi
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 163
Join date : 2013-08-04
Age : 25
Location : Quincy, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Chorus sounds familiar. tongue 
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Barresi wrote:
Chorus sounds familiar. tongue 
I really like it. Brandon has definitely been listening to Gaslight. I think it's like his take on "45". Very similar.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Well, probably not. There are a lot of songs with the same subject matter. And I doubt Brandon would have consciously used those words after hearing 45. That would just be strange.

Moving on, it's a great song. I'm very, very pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:52 am

Jack wrote:
Well, probably not. There are a lot of songs with the same subject matter. And I doubt Brandon would have consciously used those words after hearing 45. That would just be strange.

Moving on, it's a great song. I'm very, very pleased with it.
I guess The Killers and Gaslight both come from similar lyrical standpoints but I definitely think Brandon has got some kind of inspiration from Gaslight. I think their are elements in Battle Born lyrically that were very similar to Handwritten in my opinion. Maybe it was the Brendan O'Brien connection to some extent?

Anyway I love both bands and I really like the direction Brandon's writing is going in. Can't wait for his next solo record!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 am

Christophe wrote:
Jack wrote:
Well, probably not. There are a lot of songs with the same subject matter. And I doubt Brandon would have consciously used those words after hearing 45. That would just be strange.

Moving on, it's a great song. I'm very, very pleased with it.
I guess The Killers and Gaslight both come from similar lyrical standpoints but I definitely think Brandon has got some kind of inspiration from Gaslight. I think their are elements in Battle Born lyrically that were very similar to Handwritten in my opinion. Maybe it was the Brendan O'Brien connection to some extent?

Anyway I love both bands and I really like the direction Brandon's writing is going in. Can't wait for his next solo record!
Never say never, but obviously the Battle Born songs were written before Handwritten came out. I put it down to mutual Bruce love.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Barresi
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 163
Join date : 2013-08-04
Age : 25
Location : Quincy, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:43 pm

I like pegging them as East coast and West coast versions of one another, even if it doesn't really fit when the Killers get really 80's/New Wave.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Christophe wrote:
Barresi wrote:
Chorus sounds familiar. tongue 
I really like it. Brandon has definitely been listening to Gaslight. I think it's like his take on "45". Very similar.
I thought the same, but we'll never know, maybe Brandon is inspired by them...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

I think you're grasping at straws.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 23
Location : Isla Vista - A Well-Known Den of Sin

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 am

When I got into Gaslight when the 59 Sound came out, the band / Brian's voice reminded me A LOT of Brandon and the Killers, more than any other band I tried comparing Gaslight to.
Now, looking back at that comparison, Gaslight has definitely moved away from a sound similar to the Killers, and vice versa IMO
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-08-24
Age : 32
Location : Missouri

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:14 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
When I got into Gaslight when the 59 Sound came out, the band / Brian's voice reminded me A LOT of Brandon and the Killers, more than any other band I tried comparing Gaslight to.
Now, looking back at that comparison, Gaslight has definitely moved away from a sound similar to the Killers, and vice versa IMO
I can see that. I always felt like TGA is a like a punkier version of The Killers. I love both groups and if they ever toured together I'd flip.Cool 
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 56
Location : long island, ny

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 am

Harbortown wrote:
I think you're grasping at straws.
   Check out this band with nearly the same name, The Grasping Straws.     http://www.thegraspingstraws.com/music.php
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Brandon Flowers' website has changed, including a video teaser Very Happy
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 24
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
Brandon Flowers' website has changed, including a video teaser Very Happy

So excited about that!! I love The Killers, one of my favorite bands ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Killers   Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:33 pm

myoldmanshoes wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
Brandon Flowers' website has changed, including a video teaser Very Happy

So excited about that!! I love The Killers, one of my favorite bands ever Very Happy

yeah, it seems that he also reveals the titel of the album xd
they are also one of favorite bands Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Killers   

Back to top Go down
 
The Killers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Similar topics
-
» Larry Murphy RAPIST free to roam wherever he may please
» 65 killers released under Labour
» Crime student studying serial killers suspected of killing up to six women.
» Hunting Serial Killers: a Scripps Howard News Service Investigation
» Meet Pat Brown, The Ex-Housewife Who Stalks Psycho Killers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: